The successful incumbent will perform truck and trailer repair and maintenance work in accordance with Merx Truck and Trailer Inc., and industry standards, run diagnostics and work closely with other team members to meet company goals.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Perform minor and major repairs on trucks and trailers
- Conduct regular preventative maintenance and repairs to truck braking systems in accordance with the DOT’s guidelines
- Understand and work with truck electrical systems including batteries, charging, and starting systems
- Schedule and conduct regular preventive maintenance and inspections on trucks and performs tire rotation and oil changes
- Replace tires and suspension components
- Uses diagnostic tools to perform troubleshooting and regular diagnostic tests on trucks
- Document findings on work order and maintain accurate records of preventive maintenance logs, repair orders and other paperwork
- Maintain safe and clean work environment
- Deadline and detail-oriented, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Follow the directions of Shop Foreman and Manager
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Excellent reading and writing skills
- 3+ years’ experience as a Fleet Mechanic
Knowledge and Abilities
- Know-how of OSHA and DOT regulations
- Highly organized self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Positive, collaborative, flexible, can-do attitude
Shifts (Central time)
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Skills, adeptness, and speed in the use of fingers, hands and/or limbs on repetitive operation of mechanical or electrical repair shop machines and tools
- Physical ability to lift and carry objects weighing approximately 60 plus pounds
- Move, load or unload material and parts for trucks and trailers
- Push and maneuver heavy objects using carts, dollies, or dumpsters weighing up to 250 pounds.
- Exposure to noise, dust, cleaning solvents, battery acids, and exhaust fumes
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Merx Global, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and EEO/Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence through diversity.